Jacqui doing the saturday bed workout on a board. Legit.
Strength: 20 mins to establish:
1RM Power Clean
WOD: For time:
5 Burpee Toes to Bar
5 Thrusters (135/95)
10 Burpee Toes to Bar
10 Thrusters (135/95)
15 Burpee Toes to Bar
15 Thrusters (135/95)
I feel pretty confident in saying that since we started doing Power Cleans, people have been itching to attempt a 1RM. Today, like most days, I will make your dreams come true. You have 20 minutes (more than enough) to find the heaviest you can possibly Power Clean. With that I have a few things I would like to tackle preemptively…
- What weight should I use?
- I don’t know. Since we have never done this before, my suggestion would be to start light and get heavier as you warm up
- How will I know if I am at my 1RM?
- I will tell you. All of the coaches will tell you. After seeing you attempt a 1RM, it will be very easy to determine whether or not you can go heavier
- How should this look?
- As far as form, your 1RM should be prettier than your warm up attempts. The lift is the same, the weights only get heavier.
- What percentage of my 1RM Deadlift should this be? What if I did a WOD with ### lbs. for ### reps?!
- The two are unrelated. Don’t ask this question. See above.
- Should I write this down somewhere?
- Thank you WODIFY
That is covering all of which I can think right now. Please be sure to address any and all concerns/complaints on JPlosker’s personal cell phone. As far as the WOD, this bad boy should start as a nice sprint and turn into agony right around the last 10 Thrusters. The rowing shouldn’t even be considered unless you are going at a blinding pace. 300M will go by too quickly to not go all out the whole time. When you are finished, you should be on your rower wondering how in the world that much pain happened so quickly.